Merry Xmas and Happy New Year // GugolRep2014

martedì 1 settembre 2009

Perry Farrell Interviews Shepard Fairey, Discusses Banksy

I never appreciated Shepherd Fairey as an artist, when he hit the scene with the Andre Has A Posse routine, it just seemed like an early wave of white hipster appropriation of hip hop (and still does). At the time, I wasn't interested in any art that didn't have a political or spiritual edge, and his sure didn't.

Lolla Lives-Shepard Fairey-Webisode 1-Andre's Posse


Later, I read an interview in which Fairey discussed his marketing background and his art in terms of marketing and that finally put the project together for me in a meaninful way. Nevertheless, at the moment I can't really bring myself to listen to a Perry Farrell interview with Shepherd Fairey, though I'll always miss Jane's Addiction!

Lolla Lives-Shepard Fairey-Webisode 2-Banksy


I deeply respect Banksy and was able to watch the first 30 seconds of the second video, enough to know it was worth posting. And, yes, I'll eventually bite the bullet and listen to Shepherd Fairey's every word cause he's obviously on to something.

If you're really interested in checking out the wide variety of international street art being produced today, the Wooster Collective still appears to be your best bet.

Posted by Clyde Smith ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento